Monday, May 10, 2010

15 weeks

Hello all. Well, I start this blog with sad news that my cousin who slipped into a coma after complications from child birth in March passed away this morning. She had been in a coma for a few weeks so we saw it coming but it definitely doesn't make it any easier. She had been trying for a baby for many years and it just seems so unfair that she will not get to raise him. Not sure how to feel except sad. Ironically my other cousin who is pregnant has been induced to give birth today so there are a flurry of emotions going through me and the rest of my family. Please keep us all in your prayers.

As for my pregnancy...everything is still going well and my belly sure is growing. I will be 16 weeks at the end of this week. I have an appointment with a high-risk doctor this Thursday so to check me over and give any and all recommendations to my doctor. Some say I am far enough with twins to find out what I am having so we'll see. If not, I have another ultrasound at the end of this month and we should know for sure by then. I have been having a lot of morbid dreams about doctors appointments and anything else my brain can come up with but I'm pretty convinced I'll either have 2 boys or 1 of each. Not sure why but that's what my dreams are telling me.

A lot of my nausea has gone away but I still have to run to the bathroom from time to time. I'm not sure which is worse. I also have my first baby shower coming up next month which I am so excited about. I can't believe I am having 3 showers but that's just how it worked out. I am having the first 2 a bit early since I have to travel and the doc says no traveling after 28 weeks so I'm going to Oklahoma in June, California in July and maybe having a shower here in Kansas later on in August or September. It's kind of nice though to get them all spaced out. That way I won't feel overwhelmed with all the stuff.

Anyhoo, that's about all I have to update you on right now. I'll try to post another blog after my appointment this week. Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment