Thursday, February 25, 2010

5 weeks as of today

So, I found out yesterday that I am 5 weeks exactly as of today. That would mean that my due date is on October 28th but my doctor has not said that firmly yet. Again, I will know for sure at my March 8th ultrasound. I am still having a rough time with shots and have little aches and pains but still no morning sickness. Maybe that's the reason it really hasn't hit me yet that I am pregnant. As for the shots, luckily I've met someone who is going through the same thing as I am right now and is actually only 6 days behind me in this process. Anyway, she told me that I should ice down my backside for 30 minutes before my shot and it would really help. Well, we tried that last night, and although I bled a lot more, it was a lot more manageable.....I'll be doing that way from now on. I just really pray that as of my ultrasound, I won't have to do these shots anymore. :-)

No really weird cravings today although I've noticed my appetite changing in the sense that I don't really get hungry. I mean, a bagel for breakfast and 2 pieces of bruchetta for lunch isn't a lot of food but I'm completely content.....and in fact I had to force myself to eat the bruchetta. My husband has decided to go on the Atkins diet for a few days so that makes it even harder. Especially when I get in the mood to cook and he can't eat what I make. It's hard to cook for one person. I highly doubt I'm going to have the type of husband who puts on pregnancy pounds with me. OY! I'll be a cow and he'll be doing Atkins.....FUN!! Anyways, I feel going to bed early tonight is in my agenda as I'm sick of watching TV and it's too cold to do anything outside. I've been looking for some temp jobs but it's slim pickens here in KC. I'm bored to death and can't wait until March when family visits and I have my first ultrasound. Looking so forward to March!

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment