Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First Ultrasound

Hello all! It's been a while since my last posting but I've been feeling pretty awful lately. Well, we had our first ultrasound yesterday and it said that we're having twins. When the doctor said that.....I was speechless. I just looked over at Brandon with wide eyes and my hand over my mouth. It's still a little hard to let sink in. I keep thinking about bringing 2 babies home rather than 1 and wondering what our lives are going to be like. I also started worrying about how big I would get and how I would feel throughout the process. I see my friends who have just 1 and how hard it is to work and take care but I will have 2! How crazy is that? I guess we'll figure it out as we go along. We're not the first people in the world to do it so we'll just make it work. I have to say though that if anyone wants to move in to help......you got it! Just kidding! Brandon is very excited as well but I think he is also a little nervous about complications and just having 2 newborns at the same time. I see a lot of working from home in his future! :-)

I am actually feeling good today. Nausea has been minnimal which is a far cry from what it's been the last few days. The good news is that the doctor took me off of my shots which made yesterday the best day ever! I just couldn't take it anymore. My back side was raw as can be and so painful.

We have another ultrasound in 2 weeks to just make sure everything is progressing well and then I will be released to an OBGYN. Which means.....I need to find one ASAP. I am still not allowed to exercise which really stinks because everything is getting mushy and I will have a long road ahead of me to build muscle again. You'd think it would be fun being told not to workout but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on everything. I'm still trying to figure out if I can post pics on here. If you'd like to see our first ultrasound pics, you can see them on facebook or just email me and I'll send them to you.

Kathi

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! How exciting for you. Twins! I was shocked and happy too when I found out we were going to have twins. They are ten months old now and fun as ever! You can check out my blog if you'd like to see belly pictures along the way. Hopkinz.com. Good luck. Feel free to email or facebook me if you want to know anything! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete